Here in Mississippi, we are subject to many severe weather threats. Hurricanes, tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, ice storms and flooding are all potential dangers.
When a storm threatens, Mississippi Power readies its Emergency Management Center to support advance preparation, damage assessment and power restoration.
The center coordinates the actions of our employees in storm restoration efforts as well as crews from sister companies within Southern Company and other neighboring utilities.
Emergency Management Center functions:
- Monitor weather and stage crews in advance of storms
- Collect damage information
- Coordinate crew movements in Mississippi and among other companies
- Coordinate corporate support and damage assessment teams
- Synchronize with customer service