Miranda Lee was named the 2017 Volunteer of the Year by the Coast Division chapter of Mississippi Power’s Community Connection.
3 WORDS THAT DESCRIBE MIRANDA: Character, committed and community focused.
WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT MIRANDA
“Two things stood out about Miranda, her character and her community focus,” said Distribution Control Center Supervisor Kenneth Means, who serves as president of the Coast Division chapter of Community Connection. “She is trustworthy and respectful, and it quickly becomes apparent that she understands people are what matter most.”
- Miranda began volunteering with Community Connection when she was an engineering co-op.
- Whether serving meals to the homeless or leading a specific project, Miranda demonstrates a sincere commitment to supporting Community Connection initiatives.
- In 2017, she participated in the city of Long Beach, Touch a Truck event, iCan Girls in Engineering and assisted with purchasing and delivering supplies to victims of the Pine Belt Area tornado.
- Miranda helped put up walls for Habitat Humanity during Women’s Build Week in Gulfport.
- Whether she is volunteering at a local event or mentoring young girls, Miranda’s good deeds are making a positive impact in the communities we serve.
Mississippi Power, a subsidiary of Southern Company (NYSE: SO), produces safe, reliable and environmentally responsible energy for nearly 187,000 customers in 23 southeast Mississippi counties. Mississippi Power ranked first in the Southeastern Electric Exchange’s 2016 Safety Performance Reports and is consistently recognized as an industry leader in reliability, customer service and safety. Visit our websites at www.mississippipower.com and www.mississippipowernews.com, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.