Katie Escher was named the 2017 Volunteer of the Year by the Plant Daniel chapter of Mississippi Power’s Community Connection.
JOB: Administrative assistant, Plant Daniel
3 WORDS THAT DESCRIBE KATIE: Dependable, passionate and caring.
WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT KATIE
“As a volunteer leader, Katie’s sense of community concern led her to join Community Connection,” said Fred Perryman, team leader of maintenance at Plant Daniel, who serves as the president of the Jackson George chapter of Community Connection.
- She is a volunteer with the ability to motivate others to give.
- If Katie is over a project, she will plan the event to the smallest detail to ensure that everything is perfect.
- She exudes love and caring each time she volunteers.
- She doesn’t understand the word “no” and always pushes the members forward.
- Everyone can see and feel Katie’s passion and it becomes infectious at each of the chapter’s activities.
- Katie was instrumental in the chapter’s ability to serve the community, expand membership and move their efforts to a higher level of service to the community.
Mississippi Power, a subsidiary of Southern Company (NYSE: SO), produces safe, reliable and environmentally responsible energy for nearly 187,000 customers in 23 southeast Mississippi counties. Mississippi Power ranked first in the Southeastern Electric Exchange’s 2016 Safety Performance Reports and is consistently recognized as an industry leader in reliability, customer service and safety. Visit our websites at www.mississippipower.com and www.mississippipowernews.com, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.