Chuck Delcuze was named the 2017 Volunteer of the Year by the Plant Watson chapter of Mississippi Power’s Community Connection.
JOB: Senior I&C specialist.
3 WORDS THAT DESCRIBE CHUCK: MacGyver, passionate and selfless.
WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT CHUCK
“He is known to be a Mr. Fix-it and extremely handy,” said Chemist P.J. Wylie, who serves as the president of the Plant Watson chapter of Community Connection. “He is who you want on your team when you’re doing any type of service project.”
- He served on his church’s men’s ministry team and spent several weekends this summer in Denham Springs, La., repairing flood-damaged homes.
- For the past two years, Chuck and his wife have taught Sunday school and currently are the seventh- and eighth-grade youth leaders at their church.
- He has been involved with the Cub Scouts since 2013 and has served as a pack leader.
- Chuck is a volunteer member for Plant Watson’s Great Place to Work team and one of the most talented members of the plant’s emergency response team.
- He volunteers to stay late for plant tours and continually shows selflessness in his actions at work and in the community.
Mississippi Power, a subsidiary of Southern Company (NYSE: SO), produces safe, reliable and environmentally responsible energy for nearly 187,000 customers in 23 southeast Mississippi counties. Mississippi Power ranked first in the Southeastern Electric Exchange’s 2016 Safety Performance Reports and is consistently recognized as an industry leader in reliability, customer service and safety. Visit our websites at www.mississippipower.com and www.mississippipowernews.com, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.